We Remade A Tasty Recipe
I know we all watch the Tasty videos, but can someone remake one of the recipes?
NICOLE IMAN PHOTOGRAPHY
Before this recipe I hate to admit that I never ventured into the world of Chicken Gyros
Tasty's Chicken Gyros
“I would definitely say this was the gateway recipe for me to try any other Tasty recipes, it really was that good."
Submerge your wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before you attempt to build your meat tower.
While cooking in the oven make sure to check on your meat tower, personally I rotate my tower half way through to ensure it's evenly being cooked.
2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, pounded flat
1/2 large yellow onion, peeled and root side removed.
1 wooden skewer, sturdy, roughly 10 inches (25 cm)
2 cups of greek yogurt
1/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup olive oil
1 Tablespoon kosher salt
1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon coriander powder
1 Tablespoon paprika
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 large cucumber
2 cups Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
¼ cup lemon juice
2 Tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
8 pita breads
For this recipe I use a stove top to brown the oxtail & than a slow cooker to cook the remainder of the recipe.
1. In a large bowl, combine marinade ingredients and stir well
2. On a cutting board, place a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken thighs and pound until about ½ inch (1 cm) thick with a meat mallet, rolling pin, or heavy pan.
3. In another large bowl or gallon plastic bag, combine chicken thighs and marinade, stiring well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour and up to one day.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
5. Shred the cucumber, be sure to squeeze out any excess liquid.
6. In a medium bowl, combine tzatziki ingredients and stir well. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
7. On a baking sheet or a large cast-iron skillet, use the onion half as a base and position the skewer vertically like a spit. Skewer the chicken thighs individually, rotating each one 90 degrees
8. Bake for 1.5 – 2 hours, until internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
Want to discover more Tasty recipes?